Henry Mayo is a 238-bed, not-for-profit community hospital and trauma center. Your family can count on us for critical life-saving services and specialized care when quality of life, comfort, safety and compassion are important to you and your loved ones. Our emergency department is open 24-7 to serve you, and a panel of physicians, both specialists and subspecialists, are available around the clock for your most critical needs.
We also provide a wide range of care through a number of services: a popular maternity department, lactation support, and childbirth education program, highly respected community hospital cancer program, advanced primary stroke center, spine and joint program, an acute rehab unit which helps individuals regain their independence, growing cardiology services, outpatient wound care services, highly attentive physical and occupational therapies, and a wide range of inpatient and outpatient surgical services.
Henry Mayo's outstanding affiliated medical staff is comprised of physicians whose expertise ranges across more than 71 specialties and subspecialties. These physicians, along with hospital clinical and support staff, are adopting new information technologies and continually enhancing care to improve outcomes and service for you and your family.
The patient care teams who come to work here every day are dedicated to transforming your expectations of our hospital to the highest possible level – with you and your family in the center of all that we do.
- Established: 1975
- Current Size: 238-Bed Acute Care Hospital
- Accredited by: The Joint Commission
- Dedicated Medical Staff: Over 400
- Talented Employees: Over 1,300
- Helpful and Highly Skilled Volunteers: Over 300
Honors and Accolades:
Henry Mayo is proud to have received prestigious accreditations and recognitions in a multitude of specialty designations for excellence in medicine and healthcare delivery. These include:
- Best Regional Hospital for neurology, neurosurgery, pulmonology and geriatrics as ranked by US News and World Report 2011/2012
- Joint Commission Accredited Hospitals Organization Certification
- Level II Trauma Center verified by the American College of Surgeons
- Advanced Primary Stroke Center awarded by the Joint Commission
- Baby-Friendly designation from the World Health Organization and the United Nations Children’s Fund
- American Heart/Stroke Association Get with the Guidelines Silver Plus Performance Achievement Award for Stroke
- Community Cancer Program accreditation by the Commission on Cancer
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence Accreditation by the American College of Radiology
- Certified Quality Breast Center of Excellence awarded by the National Consortium of Breast Centers
- CT Imaging accreditation by the American College of Radiology
- Nuclear Imaging accreditation by the American College of Radiology
- Clinical, pathology and pulmonary laboratories accreditation by the College of American Pathologists
- American Association of Blood Banks accreditation by Clinical Laboratory Transfusion Activities
- Continuing Medical Education Program accreditation by the Institute for Medical Quality
- Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP) by the Los Angeles County Emergency Medical Services Agency
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) program accreditation by the American College of Radiology
- Bronze Medal of Honor awarded by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Servicesin recognition of Organ Donation Rates