“It’s obvious that at Henry Mayo they care about the patients, and that the hospital worked very hard to make this happen. The people here are really, really good and now this new facility is definitely a step up.”
The new Akbar Hasan Infusion Center at Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital, which opened in February 2013, was designed with the patient in mind. Walls painted in warm, soothing earth tones and adorned with beautiful photography, natural light, large windows with views of trees, are just a few of the special touches in our new infusion center. A full-time, professional nursing staff makes sure that patients receive the best care in the best environment.
Patient well-being was the catalyst that drove improvements for infusion services in the new, 2,000 square-foot space equipped with eight new infusion chairs and staffed by two full-time RNs and a patient care technician.
Henry Mayo’s infusion services include chemotherapy, blood transfusions, and intravenous antibiotics. Treatment time ranges from 60 minutes to eight hours. Registered oncology nurses provide the full range of outpatient infusion services to individuals as prescribed by their physicians. The new Infusion Center accommodates twice as many patients and visitors in more than eight times the space.
“It’s such a peaceful environment here. It’s obvious just by looking around that Henry Mayo cares about us.”
- Individual televisions and WI FI
- Nurse's station
- Large Pyxis medication storage for increased volumes of medication, eliminating wait times
- Windows face trees and grass
- Natural, comforting sunlight comes into the room
- Space for additional infusion chairs that offer more comfort and an integrated table for beverages and personal entertainment and educational materials such as books, tablets, and laptop computers
- Comfortable visitor chairs, large lobby
- Refrigerator for patient meals
- A consultation room that can be used for multiple purposes, including for physicians and nurses to meet privately with patients and families
- A patient intake process onsite that enhances privacy, confidentiality and time-saving convenience
Located on the Henry Mayo campus at 23929 McBean Parkway, Suite 208, Valencia, CA 91355. For more information, please call (661)253-8005or visit henrymayo.com.